How to add a new item to MC:
- Log into MC (Management Console).
- Click the “Merchandise” option at the top.
- Click “Modify Merchandise”.
- Find an existing item that is similar to the new item in ways such as the way it prints in the kitchen (prints @ expo printer vs grill printer), populates on reports (classified as sandwich vs steak), is the same course (app vs entree), and is on the same screen group when ringing up an order.
- Click “Add Like”.
- Change the item name and price as appropriate 7. Click “OK”.
How to add existing items to other screen groups
- Locate the item you want to add to other screen groups in MC and open the item by double-clicking it or by highlighting it and clicking “Edit”.
- Click on the screens tab.
- Choose the screen group where you want the item to show up on from a “screen on” drop box that currently says “none”.
- Click the “Disp” button to the right of the screen group you just selected to choose where the item will show up on the screen.
- Choose the rest of the parameters for that item’s screen location, such as text or button size, button color, etc.
- Click OK.